Are you in your 30s and ready to meet someone new? EliteSingles take you through the real deal about dating in your 30s. No, it’s not the same as the youthful days being fresh on the block. But yes, it’s possible plausible and even preferable to meet your person still.
Dating in your 30s takes on a different tone. Suddenly you’re not a carefree 20-something anymore, and adulting starts to take over in full force. Your lifestyle shifts to a more settled routine, and maybe you’re also a little surer of yourself, comfortable in your own skin, and know what you’re looking for. Having done your time kissing the frogs, you’ve got your eyes set on more of a prince charming than a party kingpin. As experts in the area of real relationships, EliteSingles breaks down what you want to know about being 30 and single.
The telling truths: 10 reasons why dating in your 30s is different
Dating in your 30s brings into a play a new set of rules. Here are 10 things you wish someone had told you about making the best of being single and 30. If you play it right, the best bit is that dating in your 30s can be like having your cake and eating it too.
1. Ain’t nobody got time for that: It turns out once you reach the post 30 age group, time becomes a more valued commodity. Life is busy and adulting is demanding. There is no time to waste on dead-end dates, and you find yourself choosing quality connections over a larger quantity of good time get-togethers!
2. Deal breakers are actually a real thing: When you were 21, if he didn’t want children, or if she wanted to travel for a few years, it wasn’t a big deal. It was hot and you were having fun. Now your relationships tend to have more of a future focus and if your goals and values aren’t in line, it’s not worth hanging around for.
3. It’s a bit of a pressure cooker: As the years have passed, friends have settled down, married off and are now even having children. Your younger self got away without the needling questions at family functions and jokes about when you’re going to meet your match. Between friends trying to set you up and family constantly reminding you that the clock is ticking, the pressure can be rather unpleasant. Know that you’re not alone in it!
4. Game playing is passé: Guys have a notorious reputation for game playing, but both single men and single women have engaged in the power play of casual dating from time to time. Feeling hard to get can be a great ego boost, but dating in your 30s is about cutting to the chase. Being more comfortable in your skin, it’s about playing to win a partner, not a power play! Dating in your 30s is about getting real!
5. You’ve got the dating landscape dialed: The great thing about dating in your 30s is that you know the ropes by now. You know if he’s too smooth it’s not actually charming – and understand your own boundaries and preferences better too – so you don’t need to chase him around the club for affirmation. A little older and wiser, you can meet people and read the tell-tale signs with a bit more ease and expertise than a twenty-year-old.
6. The playing field has changed: There is a shift that takes place slowly over the years. As friends pair off, your social circle changes and there is a shift with time and life lived – singles in this age group adjust to a new understanding about meeting new people. Looking for something a little more serious, the rules are different. Don’t be late, ghosting is for kids, share real details on your dating profile and basic manners go a long way.
7. It’s tough stuff out there: At times it can feel like a hard slog out there. For women, the sporadic comment referring to the infernal tick-tock of your biological clock or for men, feeling like all the single ladies are already off the market, means that dating in your 30s is tough stuff sometimes. After a long day of work, it’s easier to sit on the sofa than head out for happy hour, but you still want to meet the elusive partner you hope to build a life with. The double whammy of being a little more selective and the dating pool now being a little sparse can make it much harder to meet a sexy, suitable single. We get it. Sometimes it’s going to be frustrating.
8. Age appropriate etiquette: It’s a good idea to know how to coordinate a grown-up date. Although dancing until the early hours is still fun from time to time, you would probably prefer a classy bar for a quiet drink to get to know each other, and if you make it to a dinner date, make a little effort to put your best foot forward. That doesn’t necessarily mean fine dining, but the mass market chain down the road is not the best way to impress your date.
9. Lost in transition: It’s ok to feel a little lost in transition. Being 30 and single is maybe not what you imagined for yourself and you’re still figuring it all out. You’re not quite old yet, but you don’t feel young anymore either. The hangovers last all weekend and you’re saving for a long haul holiday or even your starter home. Long gone are the days of blowing your salary on clothes, cocktails and clubs. Finding your niche is part and parcel of growing up so keep an open mind and enjoy what you learn along the way.
10. Dating apps can now do the legwork: Dating apps are a game changer. The uptake has been so significant that today 1 in 3 marriages start off online. No more standing around a bar sipping on a Chardonnay hoping prince charming will walk in. Now you can sort and select your matches from the comfort of your couch. Admittedly, online dating has a bad rep for swiping your way straight to one night stands. But you have a wide choice of free dating apps to a premium dating service, like EliteSingles. Finding and meeting real people is now more accessible with access to the best dating apps and matchmaking algorithms out there! That’s a wrap on the honest truths about dating in your 30s. And as promised, it’s not all doom and gloom. Knowing the dating deal, you can take all the wins and losses in your stride and save yourself from time wasters and heartbreakers. So how do you get your love life off the ground?
30 and single: finding a partner
First, let’s consider your options. There will always be the real-life opportunity, actually meeting someone you connect with by chance out and about or through your social network. But life is busy. As your career takes off and you try to maintain a healthy work-life balance, it can be hard to meet the right single people. The other option is online dating sites or apps, which have increasingly become the go-to choice for 30 something singles. And we know a thing or two about meeting people online. As a premium dating platform, EliteSingles is the relationship expert with a focus on the long haul. Let’s see what they can do for you.
EliteSingles understands dating in your 30s and knows it’s important to meet genuine, compatible matches when you’re 30 and single. Based on a smart profiling system, our unique matchmaking algorithm combines the data from your in-depth personality test and your personal preferences to send you 3-7 matches per day. We consider your needs and desires in a partner and try to suggest profiles which really do complement your lifestyle, preferences, and personality.
We’re serious about you finding a serious partner, and EliteSingles’ members are committed to meeting their match. 85% of our members are highly educated, and new profiles are verified. Our members value intelligence and are committed to finding their other half.
Getting the ball rolling is as easy as 1, 2, 3… On completing the easy registration process and taking the personality test, you begin receiving compatible profiles. If you want to search out more profiles, EliteSingles offers an additional ‘Have you met…’ feature, which allows you to search out interesting profiles yourself. If you need some extra help, our Customer Care team is on hand, and we value your privacy and confidentiality, responsibly managing your data to keep it secure. We’re here to help you make the best of being single and dating in your 30s.
As an inclusive site we cater to your individual needs, be it professional dating or LGBT, our extensive membership base caters to personal preferences in a partner. We have a focus on singles interested in serious relationships and an exclusive dating experience, and love to bring together people who share the same goals and values. We know that dating in your 30s has its own challenges. We understand what it feels like to be 30 and single, so when you’re ready to meet your match and find your fit, EliteSingles is on hand to move you forward and find that love you’re looking for.
Have fun dating in your 30s. Sign up today and start meeting your matches!
At this stage in life, people know what they want in a partner with a view to their future. Being a bit older and more settled in oneself means you know if you want to get married, have children, are prepared to move, your career goals and other factors which have now become more important in partner selection. Search out the people who are a good fit for your own self and lifestyle.
Know what you want and be ready to share your opinion. Understanding each other’s goals gives your relationship a bigger opportunity to succeed in the future. So ladies and gentleman, if you think it’s the time to get your love life on the go, get to know yourself and feel free to search out your tribe.
Being open minded
Sometimes the older people get, the more closed-off they can become to difference. Single ladies and gentleman, successful dating flourishes with an open mindset. It is helpful to remember that age is a just a number, maybe he is a little older or younger than you expected, or maybe she is divorced. Sometimes you can’t predict the profile that will catch your eye, the men or women who will steal your heart!
Going in with an open mind gives you the greatest chance of meeting a great partner. Love is not an exact science and sometimes the person you least expect steals your heart! If its the time in life to take the next step, join the right app for you and sign up to meet a like-minded match.
Communication is key
Talking openly and honestly with your prospective partner is a good step to move your date forward. You don’t want to waste time with someone who is wrong for you. Dating in your 30s as a man and dating in your 30s as a woman can be a different experience, and communication is key to a happy relationship.
If it is the right match for you, this communication approach will lay a healthy foundation for your relationship and give you the opportunity to connect. The EliteSingles magazine offers free advice and dating tips from a range of experts if you want to learn more about healthy and happy relationships.