Valentine’s Day, big date nights, and evenings in with your sweetie just wouldn’t be the same without an appropriately romantic soundtrack. That’s why we’ve created a carefully selected Spotify® playlist…
According to our latest survey into U.S. dating habits, more than one in three Americans have admitted they don’t enjoy going on first dates. For the two thirds that enjoy it, 82% don’t know what to talk about and one in five admit to being extremely nervous before a date.
EliteSingles surveyed Americans in the run up to Valentine’s Day. When asked to describe dating in their city, 55% describe dating as impossible; 24% consider it to be terrifying, with only 12% labeling it as exciting.
So, if you’re not feeling confident in the dating department ahead of the most romantic day of the year, fear not, EliteSingles has got you covered with its #itsadate digital bootcamp. From February 9, EliteSingles.com/itsadate will host a digital armory of coaching tips and practical advice to improve your chances of finding love.
How to prepare for your date in 5 steps
• Want to attract the best dates with an eye-catching profile? It all starts with your online dating pictures. Let Saskia Nelson from the world’s first dating photography company Hey Saturday help you out!
• You’ve secured the date but now you’re at a loss for words? You’re not the only one! Love & relationship expert Hilary Silver has detailed insight into the art of conversation and the best first date topics.
• Been through your entire wardrobe and clueless about what to wear? Check out Lauren Dimet Waters’ top tips and get inspired by our EliteSingles x Fountainof30.com fashion look book (yes gentlemen, you too!).
• Anxious about how to act from online to offline? Let Jacqueline Whitmore guide you through the highs and lows of dating etiquette, from how to greet your date to handling the check.
• Think the date’s gone well but struggling to read the signals? Kim Seltzer can help you give off the right signs so your date knows just how you feel.
Bart Visser, Director of Brand Marketing at EliteSingles, commented: “Our most recent research shows that two thirds of people would go on a first date on Valentine’s Day – making it an ideal time to re-evaluate how we all approach dating and how we take it from the digital arena into the first date scenario. To assist people on this sometimes-overwhelming journey, we have teamed up with an incredible group of experts to provide helpful tips and tricks that will hopefully lead to more second dates.”
In addition to the digital dating bootcamp, visitors to the website www.elitesingles.com/itsadate will have a chance to win 1:1 coaching sessions with the respective experts, a photoshoot in New York to take the perfect profile pictures or the chance to go on a shopping spree to find a stunning new outfit. Each prize will be dependent on the daily theme.
The full #itsadate U.S. dating report and all of the expert advice is available at www.elitesingles.com/itsadate.