Interracial dating in the US with EliteSingles – let us help you meet your match and find long-term love.
With the major sporting events of summer 2016 fast approaching, EliteSingles ran a study of the effects of sport on 180,000 American singles. It turns out exercising is a serious boost for the ego and the libido! The survey also revealed that simply watching sport events on TV can also have a noticeable impact on self confidence.
- Want to meet great single women? Start here
- Intrigued by online dating? Find out how it works here
• Exercise boosts American singles’ libidos and increases desire for an attractive partner.
• Watching sports on TV improves self-esteem and self-confidence.
• A supplementary EliteSingles study also revealed the hottest current and past sporting champions.
Doing sports boosts your libido … and your desire for a physically attractive partner!
People who frequently exercise have a much higher sexual appetite than those who don’t! A massive 83% of singles who do sports regularly claim to have ‘a strong desire for sex’ compared to just 58% who don’t exercise.
Additionally, the more people are exercising, the more physical attraction is an important factor in their search for a spouse. In fact, 77% of sporty singles admit physical appearance is an important quality in a partner, while only 49% of singles not exercising deem it significant.
- Want to make a good second impression? Read our Top Second Date Ideas
- Want to know how to write the perfect dating profile? Follow our Dos and Don’ts
Watching sport on TV is enough to feel sexy
It would also appear that the simple act of watching sport on TV has a positive impact on the mind, particularly self-confidence! For singles who watch sports regularly, a huge 90% consider themselves ‘confident’ and 75% would call themselves ‘sexy’.
Evidently, exercising and following sporting events appear to be the winning combination to ensure a fun summer between the sheets …!
Charlie Buckingham and Helen Maroulis: Winning gold for most attractive athletes
In another survey conducted by EliteSingles, Charlie Buckingham (Sailing) and Helen Maroulis (Wrestling) start the summer with an early victory by winning the gold medal for the America’s most attractive athletes. Charlie Buckingham claimed 46% of the votes and Helen Maroulis 31%.
Coming in 2nd and 3rd place, are male athletes Jake Dalton (Gymnastics) with 25% of votes and Jordan Burroughs (Wrestling) with 10%. While the female silver and bronze medalists for attractiveness are Hope Solo (Soccer) with 26% and Ashlyn Harris (Soccer) with 18%.
When looking at athletic champions of the past, Ryan Lochte (Swimming) takes the gold with 35% of the votes, followed by Amanda Beard (Swimming) with 19% and Lola Jones (Track & Field) with 16%.
- Looking to meet Lesbian singles? Find true compatibility with us
- Looking for some romantic things to do in San Francisco? Try these
What is the sexiest sport?
American singles also elected the sports they found the most and the less attractive:
TOP – the sexiest sports:
1. Swimming (13%)
2. Football (11%)
3. Tennis (11%)
FLOP – the least sexy sports:
1. Wrestling (18%)
2. Boxing (13%)
3. Golf (9%)
Swimming is certainly a popular favorite amongst survey respondents – perhaps it’s the rather little clothing that the athletes wear making this sport so appealing to watch…
- Want a girlfriend? Follow our 10 step guide
- Want a boyfriend? Read these 8 tips
*Sourced from anonymous user data